Django-MySQL extends Django's built-in MySQL and MariaDB support their specific features not available on other databases.
The dolphin-pony - proof that cute + cute = double cute.
Django-MySQL extends Django’s built-in MySQL and MariaDB support their specific features not available on other databases.
What kind of features?
- QuerySet extensions:
- ‘Smart’ iteration - chunked pagination across a large queryset
- approx_count for quick estimates of count()
- Query hints
- Quick pt-visual-explain of the underlying query
- Model fields:
- MySQL 5.7+ JSON Field
- MariaDB Dynamic Columns for storing dictionaries
- Comma-separated fields for storing lists and sets
- ‘Missing’ fields: differently sized BinaryField/TextField classes, BooleanFields represented by BIT(1)
- ORM expressions for over 20 MySQL-specific functions
- A new cache backend that makes use of MySQL’s upsert statement and does compression
- Handler API for quicker-than-SQL reads using the ‘NoSQL’ HANDLER commands
- Status variable inspection and utility methods
- Named locks for easy locking of e.g. external resources
- Table lock manager for hard to pull off data migrations
To see them all, check out the exposition at https://django-mysql.readthedocs.io/en/latest/exposition.html .
Requirements and Installation
Every detail documented on Read The Docs.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size django_mysql-3.11.1-py3-none-any.whl (58.7 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size django-mysql-3.11.1.tar.gz (579.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for django_mysql-3.11.1-py3-none-any.whl