RAR archive reader for Python
- Supports both RAR3 and RAR5 format archives.
- Supports multi volume archives.
- Supports Unicode filenames.
- Supports password-protected archives.
- Supports archive and file comments.
- Archive parsing and non-compressed files are handled in pure Python code.
- Compressed files are extracted by executing external tool: unrar (preferred), unar or bsdtar.
- Works with Python 3.6+.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.