This is Python module for RAR archive reading. The interface
is made as zipfile like as possible. Licensed under ISC
- Supports both RAR3 and RAR5 format archives.
- Supports multi volume archives.
- Supports Unicode filenames.
- Supports password-protected archives.
- Supports archive and file comments.
- Archive parsing and non-compressed files are handled in pure Python code.
- Compressed files are extracted by executing external tool: either unrar
from RARLAB or bsdtar from libarchive.
- Works with both Python 2.7 and 3.x.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.