run with this
RWT (Run With This) provides on-demand dependency resolution.
- Allows declaration of dependencies at runtime.
- Downloads missing dependencies and makes their packages available for import.
- Installs packages to a special staging location such that they’re not installed after the process exits.
- Keeps a cache of such packages for reuse.
- Supersedes installed packages when required.
- Re-uses the pip tool chain for package installation and pkg_resources for working set management.
RWT is not intended to solve production dependency management, but does aim to address the other, one-off scenarios around dependency management:
- build setup
- test runners
- just in time script running
- interactive development
RWT is a compliment to Pip and Virtualenv and Setuptools, intended to more readily address the on-demand needs and supersede some features like setup_requires.
The project is currently still experimental and liable to undergo substantial revision. Do feel free to try it out and give your feedback at the project page.
- as script launcher
- as runtime dependency context manager
- as interactive interpreter in dependency context
- as module launcher (akin to python -m)
The examples folder in this project includes some examples demonstrating the power and usefulness of the project. Read the docs on those examples for instructions.
RWT also offers a painless way to run a Python interactive interpreter in the context of certain dependencies:
$ /clean-install/python -m rwt boto Loading requirements using boto >>> import boto >>>
RWT uses semver, so you can use this library with confidence about the stability of the interface, even during periods of great flux.
Invoke tests with setup.py test.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size rwt-2.6-py2.py3-none-any.whl (9.1 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version 3.5||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size rwt-2.6.tar.gz (9.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|