The Pyramid Web Framework, a Pylons project
Pyramid is a small, fast, down-to-earth, open source Python web framework. It makes real-world web application development and deployment more fun, more predictable, and more productive.
from wsgiref.simple_server import make_server from pyramid.config import Configurator from pyramid.response import Response def hello_world(request): return Response('Hello World!') if __name__ == '__main__': with Configurator() as config: config.add_route('hello', '/') config.add_view(hello_world, route_name='hello') app = config.make_wsgi_app() server = make_server('0.0.0.0', 6543, app) server.serve_forever()
Pyramid is a project of the Pylons Project.
Support and Documentation
See Pyramid Support and Development for documentation, reporting bugs, and getting support.
Developing and Contributing
Pyramid is offered under the BSD-derived Repoze Public License.
- Fix an issue when passing a duck-typed registry object into pyramid.testing.setUp(registry=...) in which the registry wasn’t properly fixed prior to invoking actions. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3418
- No major changes from 1.10b1.
- Fix the pyramid.testing.DummyRequest to support the new request.accept API so that acceptable_offers is available even when code sets the value to a string. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3396
- Fix deprecated escape sequences in preparation for Python 3.8. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3400
- Add a _depth and _category arguments to all of the venusian decorators. The _category argument can be used to affect which actions are registered when performing a config.scan(..., category=...) with a specific category. The _depth argument should be used when wrapping the decorator in your own. This change affects pyramid.view.view_config, pyramid.view.exception_view_config, pyramid.view.forbidden_view_config, pyramid.view.notfound_view_config, pyramid.events.subscriber and pyramid.response.response_adapter decorators. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3105 and https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3122
- Fix the pyramid.request.Request class name after using set_property or config.add_request_method such that the str(request.__class__) would appear as pyramid.request.Request instead of pyramid.util.Request. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3129
- In cherrypy_server_runner, prefer imports from the cheroot package over the legacy imports from cherrypy.wsgiserver. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3235
- Add a context manager route_prefix_context to the pyramid.config.Configurator to allow for convenient setting of the route_prefix for include and add_route calls inside the context. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3279
- Modify the builtin session implementations to support SameSite options on cookies and set the default to 'Lax'. This affects pyramid.session.BaseCookieSessionFactory, pyramid.session.SignedCookieSessionFactory, and pyramid.session.UnencryptedCookieSessionFactoryConfig. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3300
- Modify pyramid.authentication.AuthTktAuthenticationPolicy and pyramid.csrf.CookieCSRFStoragePolicy to support the SameSite option on cookies and set the default to 'Lax'. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3319
- Added new pyramid.httpexceptions.HTTPPermanentRedirect exception/response object for a HTTP 308 redirect. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3302
- Within pshell, allow the user-defined setup function to be a generator, in which case it may wrap the command’s lifecycle. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3318
- Within pshell, variables defined by the [pshell] settings are available within the user-defined setup function. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3318
- Add support for Python 3.7. Add testing on Python 3.8 with allowed failures. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3333
- Added the pyramid.config.Configurator.add_accept_view_order directive, allowing users to specify media type preferences in ambiguous situations such as when several views match. A default ordering is defined for media types that prefers human-readable html/text responses over JSON. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3326
- Support a list of media types in the accept predicate used in pyramid.config.Configurator.add_route. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3326
- Added pyramid.session.JSONSerializer. See “Upcoming Changes to ISession in Pyramid 2.0” in the “Sessions” chapter of the documentation for more information about this feature. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3353
- Add a registry argument to pyramid.renderers.get_renderer to allow users to avoid threadlocals during renderer lookup. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3358
- Pyramid’s test suite is no longer distributed with the universal wheel. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3387
- All Python code is now formatted automatically using black. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3388
- Set appropriate code and title attributes on the HTTPClientError and HTTPServerError exception classes. This prevents inadvertently returning a 520 error code. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3280
- Replace webob.acceptparse.MIMEAccept from WebOb with webob.acceptparse.create_accept_header in the HTTP exception handling code. The old MIMEAccept has been deprecated. The new methods follow the RFC’s more closely. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3251
- Catch extra errors like AttributeError when unpickling “trusted” session cookies with bad pickle data in them. This would occur when sharing a secret between projects that shouldn’t actually share session cookies, like when reusing secrets between projects in development. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3325
- The pyramid.intefaces.ISession interface will move to require JSON-serializable objects in Pyramid 2.0. See “Upcoming Changes to ISession in Pyramid 2.0” in the “Sessions” chapter of the documentation for more information about this change. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3353
- The pyramid.session.signed_serialize and pyramid.session.signed_deserialize functions will be removed in Pyramid 2.0, along with the removal of pyramid.session.UnencryptedCookieSessionFactoryConfig which was deprecated in Pyramid 1.5. Please switch to using the SignedCookieSessionFactory, copying the code, or another session implementation if you’re still using these features. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3353
- Media ranges are deprecated in the accept argument of pyramid.config.Configurator.add_route. Use a list of explicit media types to add_route to support multiple types.
- Media ranges are deprecated in the accept argument of pyramid.config.Configurator.add_view. There is no replacement for ranges to add_view, but after much discussion the workflow is fundamentally ambiguous in the face of various client-supplied values for the Accept header. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3326
- On Python 3.4+ the repoze.lru dependency is dropped. If you were using this package directly in your apps you should make sure that you are depending on it directly within your project. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3140
- Remove the permission argument from pyramid.config.Configurator.add_route. This was an argument left over from a feature removed in Pyramid 1.5 and has had no effect since then. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3299
- Modify the builtin session implementations to set SameSite='Lax' on cookies. This affects pyramid.session.BaseCookieSessionFactory, pyramid.session.SignedCookieSessionFactory, and pyramid.session.UnencryptedCookieSessionFactoryConfig. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3300
- Variables defined in the [pshell] section of the settings will no longer override those set by the setup function. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3318
- pyramid.config.Configurator.add_notfound_view uses default redirect class exception pyramid.httpexceptions.HTTPTemporaryRedirect instead of previous pyramid.httpexceptions.HTTPFound. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3328
- Removed pyramid.config.Configurator.set_request_property which had been deprecated since Pyramid 1.5. Instead use pyramid.config.Configurator.add_request_method with reify=True or property=True. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3368
- Removed the principal keyword argument from pyramid.security.remember which had been deprecated since Pyramid 1.6 and replaced by the userid argument. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3369
- Removed the pyramid.tests subpackage that used to contain the Pyramid test suite. These changes also changed the format of the repository to move the code into a src folder. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3387
- Ad support for Read The Docs Ethical Ads. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3360 and https://docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/advertising/ethical-advertising.html
- Add support for alembic to the pyramid-cookiecutter-alchemy cookiecutter and update the wiki2 tutorial to explain how it works. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3307 and https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid-cookiecutter-alchemy/pull/7
- Bump Sphinx to >= 1.7.4 in setup.py to support emphasize-lines in PDFs and to pave the way for xelatex support. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3271, https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/issues/667, and https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/issues/2572
- Added extra tests to the quick tutorial. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/pull/3375
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|pyramid-1.10.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (325.2 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3|
|pyramid-1.10.1.tar.gz (2.7 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|