A Gtk+ time tracking application
GTimeLog is a simple app for keeping track of time.
GTimeLog is packaged for Debian and Ubuntu:
sudo apt-get install gtimelog
For Ubuntu, a newer version can usually be found in the PPA:
You can fetch the latest released version from PyPI
$ pip install gtimelog $ gtimelog
You can run it from a source checkout without an explicit installation step:
$ git clone https://github.com/gtimelog/gtimelog $ cd gtimelog $ make $ ./gtimelog
- Python (2.7 or 3.3+)
- gobject-introspection type libraries for GTK+, Pango
- GTK+ 3.10 or newer (3.14 or newer for best results)
This is work in progress:
IRC: #gtimelog on irc.freenode.net
Source code: https://github.com/gtimelog/gtimelog
Report bugs at https://github.com/gtimelog/gtimelog/issues
There’s an old bugtracker at https://bugs.launchpad.net/gtimelog
I sometimes also browse distribution bugs:
GTimeLog was mainly written by Marius Gedminas <email@example.com>.
Barry Warsaw <firstname.lastname@example.org> stepped in as a co-maintainer when Marius burned out. Then Barry got busy and Marius recovered.
Many excellent contributors are listed in CONTRIBUTORS.rst
- Use a better workaround for window.present() not working on Wayland.
- Fix a rare AssertionError on quit.
- Fix problem with “Edit log” and “Edit tasks” menu entries on Windows (GH: #133).
- Do not include *** entries in slacking total (GH: #138).
- Show average time per day spent on filtered tasks (GH: #146).
- Drop Python 3.4 support.
- Window menu now includes items previously shown only in the app menu: Preferences, About (GH: #126).
- Keyboard shortcuts window (press Ctrl+Shift+?).
- Dropped the help page (there was only one and it was only listing keyboard shortucts, and it was also incomplete and had no translations).
- Bugfix: if timelog.txt was a symlink, changes to the symlink target would not get noticed automatically (GH: #128).
- The undocmented remote task list over HTTP(S) feature is now able to ask for basic HTTP authentication credentials and store them in gnome-keyring (GH: #109).
- Bugfix: entries with just a category and no task that did not have a trailing space after the ‘:’ were considered to be uncategorized (GH: #117).
- Add Python 3.7 support.
- Drop Python 3.3 support.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|gtimelog-0.11.3-py2.py3-none-any.whl (226.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3|
|gtimelog-0.11.3.tar.gz (290.7 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|