A Gtk+ time tracking application
GTimeLog is a simple app for keeping track of time.
GTimeLog is packaged for Debian and Ubuntu:
sudo apt-get install gtimelog
For Ubuntu, a newer version can usually be found in the PPA:
You can fetch the latest released version from PyPI
$ pip install gtimelog $ gtimelog
You can run it from a source checkout without an explicit installation step:
$ git clone https://github.com/gtimelog/gtimelog $ cd gtimelog $ make $ ./gtimelog
- Python (2.7 or 3.3+)
- gobject-introspection type libraries for GTK+, Pango
- GTK+ 3.10 or newer (3.14 or newer for best results)
This is work in progress:
IRC: #gtimelog on irc.freenode.net
Source code: https://github.com/gtimelog/gtimelog
Report bugs at https://github.com/gtimelog/gtimelog/issues
There’s an old bugtracker at https://bugs.launchpad.net/gtimelog
I sometimes also browse distribution bugs:
GTimeLog was mainly written by Marius Gedminas <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Barry Warsaw <email@example.com> stepped in as a co-maintainer when Marius burned out. Then Barry got busy and Marius recovered.
Many excellent contributors are listed in CONTRIBUTORS.rst
- The undocmented remote task list over HTTP(S) feature is now able to ask for basic HTTP authentication credentials and store them in gnome-keyring (GH: #109).
- Bugfix: entries with just a category and no task that did not have a trailing space after the ‘:’ were considered to be uncategorized (GH: #117).
- Add Python 3.7 support.
- Drop Python 3.3 support.
- A complete rewrite of the user interface, to better fit GNOME 3 (GH: #31). Requires GTK+ 3.10, but newer versions are better.
- History browsing can show you weeks/months, not just days.
- You can filter the displayed tasks, with a total shown at the bottom (GH: #88).
- There’s now a preferences dialog (GH: #47).
- Window size and task pane size/visibility are remembered across restarts (GH: #30).
- Settings are stored in GSettings. The old config file will be imported on first startup.
- Work hours and office hours are separate settings now (GH: #46).
- Native support for emailing reports. Requires a configured MTA on the local machine (i.e. /usr/sbin/sendmail).
- There’s a help page listing all the keyboard shortcuts.
- The user interface can be translated (and is translated into Lithuanian). Reports are an exception (GH: #45).
- More efficient file change watching (GH: #11).
- Dropped features:
- No more tray icons.
- Dropped –tray, –toggle, –quit, –sample-config command line options.
- The “Reload” menu option and hot key are gone – reloading is automatic now.
- Report for a custom date range is gone.
- “Complete report in spreadsheet” is gone.
- “Work/slacking stats in spreadsheet” is gone.
- Setting for editor is gone: the default file association for text files will be used.
- Settings for mailer is gone: mail sending is internal now.
- Setting for spreadsheet is gone.
- Separate setting to show remaining office hours is gone (set office hours to 0 to hide the estimate).
- Use Tango colors in the main text buffer (GH: #13).
- Allow tagging entries (GH: #19)
- The syntax is category: text -- tag1 tag2
- Per-tag summaries show up in reports
- Use GtkApplication instead of own DBus server for enforcing single-instance.
- Drop –replace, –ignore-dbus command-line options because of this.
- Require glib and gio to be version 2.40 or newer for sane GtkApplication-based command line parsing (check with pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0 gio-2.0).
- Remove obsolete code:
- Drop support for Python 2.6 (PyGObject dropped support for it long ago).
- Drop PyGtk/Gtk+ 2 support code (it didn’t work since 0.9.1 anyway).
- Drop EggTrayIcon support (it was for Gtk+ 2 only anyway).
- Drop the –prefer-pygtk command-line option.
- Disable tray icon by default for new users (existing gtimelogrc files will be untouched).
- Improve tray icon selection logic for best contrast (GH: #29).
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|gtimelog-0.11.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (241.1 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3||Jul 18, 2018|
|gtimelog-0.11.1.tar.gz (296.5 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Jul 18, 2018|