Powerful and Pythonic XML processing library combining libxml2/libxslt with the ElementTree API.
lxml is a Pythonic, mature binding for the libxml2 and libxslt libraries. It provides safe and convenient access to these libraries using the ElementTree API.
It extends the ElementTree API significantly to offer support for XPath, RelaxNG, XML Schema, XSLT, C14N and much more.
In case you want to use the current in-development version of lxml, you can get it from the github repository at https://github.com/lxml/lxml . Note that this requires Cython to build the sources, see the build instructions on the project home page. To the same end, running easy_install lxml==dev will install lxml from https://github.com/lxml/lxml/tarball/master#egg=lxml-dev if you have an appropriate version of Cython installed.
After an official release of a new stable series, bug fixes may become available at https://github.com/lxml/lxml/tree/lxml-3.7 . Running easy_install lxml==3.7bugfix will install the unreleased branch state from https://github.com/lxml/lxml/tarball/lxml-3.7#egg=lxml-3.7bugfix as soon as a maintenance branch has been established. Note that this requires Cython to be installed at an appropriate version for the build.
- GH#217: XMLSyntaxError now behaves more like its SyntaxError baseclass. Patch by Philipp A.
- GH#216: HTMLParser() now supports the same collect_ids parameter as XMLParser(). Patch by Burak Arslan.
- GH#210: Allow specifying a serialisation method in xmlfile.write(). Patch by Burak Arslan.
- GH#203: New option default_doctype in HTMLParser that allows disabling the automatic doctype creation. Patch by Shadab Zafar.
- GH#201: Calling the method .set('attrname') without value argument (or None) on HTML elements creates an attribute without value that serialises like <div attrname></div>. Patch by Daniel Holth.
- GH#197: Ignore form input fields in form_values() when they are marked as disabled in HTML. Patch by Kristian Klemon.
- GH#206: File name and line number were missing from XSLT error messages. Patch by Marcus Brinkmann.
- Log entries no longer allow anything but plain string objects as message text and file name.
- zlib is included in the list of statically built libraries.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|lxml-3.7.0.tar.gz (3.8 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|
|lxml-3.7.0.win32-py2.7.exe (3.4 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||2.7|
|lxml-3.7.0.win32-py3.2.exe (3.4 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||3.2|
|lxml-3.7.0.win32-py3.3.exe (3.4 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||3.3|
|lxml-3.7.0.win32-py3.4.exe (3.4 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||3.4|
|lxml-3.7.0.win-amd64-py2.7.exe (3.7 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||2.7|
|lxml-3.7.0.win-amd64-py3.2.exe (3.7 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||3.2|
|lxml-3.7.0.win-amd64-py3.3.exe (3.6 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||3.3|
|lxml-3.7.0.win-amd64-py3.4.exe (3.6 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||3.4|